Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 2014 IPSY Glam Bag Review!!

     I received my July 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag on Tuesday and while I got some great stuff, I wasn't really impressed with it.
     For those of you who don't know Ipsy yet, you must really meet her lol It's a themed monthly subscription box (more like bag) curated by Michelle Phan and you receive 5-6 products of either sample or full size items for only $10 a month shipping included, to top it all off, the products come a super cute make-up bag that differs depending on the theme. Along with the subscription you get access to reviews, discount codes, and the whole Ipsy community. I'll leave a link below that will allow you to skip the waiting list and join!
     The theme of this months bag was Sensationally Sunkissed. Here's a screen shot of my Glam Room and a picture I took



...Here's a break down of the items...


Bare Minerals 5in1 in Divine Wine. 
It's suppose to be an amazing eyeshadow 
because of the following five properties 
-12-hour long-wearing color-
-Supercharged primer-
-Powerful brightening benefits-
-Smoothes the appearance of fine lines-
-Protects with Broad Spectrum SPF 15-
It's a third of the size of a full size product making it worth $6,
 but I was still underwhelmed by the sample size



Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass in Cherry.
It's highlight is the non-drying formula that wears all day
but I'm not a fan of lip and cheek stains. While I'm not a fan, this is
probably the best value in this months bag. This product is the full size and sells for $22.99. 


Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil.
 The oil is suppose to be rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and 
exotic plant extracts, giving a more natural tan. My legs never tan, so they're really white, this is one
of the products I will be probably using all up. Being an eight of the full size product, 
this would be valued at $1.50


Benefit's They're Real Mascara!
While this was one of the most sought after samples, I really 
wasn't crazy about it. I've already sampled one and was NOT crazy about the applicator, but everyone loves it so I may give it another chance and pair it with my new They're Real Eyeliner! I'll let you know if I change my mind about it... The sample is a third of a full size worth about $7.60


Lavalin Jojoba Gel Cream.
This was the only product I really wanted nothing to do with. Lavilin Jojoba Cream calms and softens skin, is excellent after over-exposure to sun, and is suitable for use in intimate areas. Eeeek! I already traded this one. This sample size is worth  $3.15


Last but no least, the make-up bag. This month is was really really neon. Which is on point with the whole neon everything trend. The scalloped edges are super cute and the faux leather material doesn't feel too cheap or forced.

     Over all I would give this months bag a 9 out of 10, I don't know why I was complaining earlier. I calculated the value in this months bag to be over $41, not taking into consideration the $4-5 the bag itself would be worth. You can earn points by reviewing you products then cash them in for bonus items, they've got IpsyMe events that score you once in a lifetiime deals, I've just got too many good things to say about Ipsy, but I'd rather you see for yourself. Again, I'm leaving my Ipsy code referral link at the end so you all can skip the waiting line and start receiving your bags ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment